Boron Nitride Powders
Premium powders powering performance.
Momentive Technologies is a leading global source of boron nitride (BN) powders, which enable high thermal conductivity formulations of thermal interface materials (TIMs). PolarTherm® and CoolFlow®, along with more than 80 grades of BN powders, deliver exceptional thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and lubrication across demanding applications such as electronic materials, aerospace, plastics, metal processing and more.
Our unique BN expertise allows us to tailor various powder characteristics like purity, crystallinity, surface area, particle size, etc. We are constantly adding new grades to enable new applications and maintain our position as the preeminent supplier of boron nitride powders.
- High thermal conductivity enables improved thermal management and heat dissipation in electronics
- Low coefficient of friction formulations in rubbers and plastics enable self-lubricated gaskets, seals, bearings, etc.
- Excellent electrical insulation enables high dielectric strength formulations
- Excellent high-temperature stability delivers oxidation resistance and stable friction in high-performance brakes
- Superior lubrication in high performance greases sustains lubricity at high temperatures
- Chemically inert compound and resistance to molten metals improve tooling and furnace life during metal processing
Momentive Technologies’ NX grades are white, hexagonal BN platelets with an ultrafine BN crystal structure.
Momentive Technologies produces over 50 standard and custom grades of boron nitride (BN) powders to meet a wide range of application requirements and has over 50 years of expertise in the synthesis and refinement of BN powders.
Boron nitride (BN) powder grade AC6111 is an agglomerate of submicron hexagonal turbostratic crystals.
AC6111 was developed using special milling techniques to reduce the average particle size to 0.5 microns. The actual size of discrete crystals is approximately 0.1 microns.